Your Child's Hospital Journey
If your child has a hospital appointment but doesn’t need to stay overnight (or less than 24 hours), it means they are being treated as an outpatient.
Child Development Centre at York Hospital
At York Hospital the paediatric consultants also hold their Outpatients clinics in the Child Development Centre.
The Child Development Centre is situated opposite the multi-storey car park. Please note access is not via the Hospital’s main entrance.
Several specialist clinics run throughout the week, attended by both doctors and specialist nurses. These include:
- Adolescent clinic – Dr Jo Mannion
- Diabetes – Dr Dominic Smith, Dr Jo Mannion
- Cystic Fibrosis – Dr Murray Wheeler
- Epilepsy – Dr Rob Smith and Dr Ianthe Abbey
- Asthma – Dr Murray Wheeler
- Paediatric Allergy services - Dr T Verghese
Specialist Outpatients Clinics
The following clinics are held by a visiting specialist from Leeds:
- Mr Subramanium – Paediatric Urologist
- Dr Bennett – Clinical Geneticist
- Dr Finlay – Paediatric Nephrology
- Dr Wilcoxon – Paediatric Cardiology
- Dr Mushtaq – Peaditric Endocrinology
- Dr Childs – Paediatric Neurology
- Dr Wood – Paediatric Rheumatology
- Miss Hobson – Paediatric Orthopeadic Surgeon – Visits from Hull Royal Infirmary
Janet Wootton is the Enuresis Specialist nurse. Janet runs clinics at York and Selby Hospitals.
Children’s Outpatients Department - Scarborough Hospital
Outpatients clinics at Scarborough Hospital are held in Children’s Outpatients Department next door to the Children’s Ward.
Outpatients – Selby Hospital
Outpatient clinics also take place at Selby Hospital. The consultants who run these outpatient appointments are Dr Dominic Smith, Dr Murray Wheeler, Dr Indie Thopte and Dr Elizabeth Baker who provides a Diabetes clinic.