- Your Child's Hospital Journey
- York Hospital
- Scarborough Hospital
- Meet the Teams
Your Child's Hospital Journey
Physiotherapists aim to help to get the best movement and function when someone is affected by injury, illness, developmental delay or other disability. A paediatric physiotherapist has a sound knowledge of childhood development, how patterns of movement develop from birth, and a wide range of clinical conditions.
A Physiotherapist will work closely with the children, young people and their families to formulate individual management programmes in order to achieve their maximum potential. These may include:
- Gross Motor Skills (running, jumping, climbing).
- Developmental support (mastering early skills such as rolling and crawling).
- Improving posture and positioning to enable maximum functional ability.
- Recommending appropriate equipment, aids and splints to support posture and function.
How to contact the team
Children can be referred to Physiotherapy, by your GP, Consultant Paediatrician or other medical professionals.
For guidance on how to make a referral to the service please click here.