- Your Child's Hospital Journey
- York Hospital
- Scarborough Hospital
- Meet the Teams
Your Child's Hospital Journey
Children’s Community Nursing Team
The Children’s Community Nursing Team provide short and long term nursing input and support to children aged 0-19 years (16-19 years if in full time education). Independently managed teams are based at both York and Scarborough Hospitals.
The team consists of:
- Specialist Children’s Community Practitioners
- Children’s Community Nurses
- Nursery Nurses
Services provided by the team include:
- Wound care
- Shared care for Rheumatology conditions
- Shared care for Oncology conditions
- Complex medical conditions
- Management support for complex constipation
- Support with gastrostomy feeding and care
- Play interventions both independently and alongside other services such as Portage
- Overnight oxygen saturation monitoring
- Palliative care including bereavement support
How are children referred into the service?
Children can be referred direct to the team from Paediatricians and the wider child health medical team. Tertiary Centres (wards and specialist nurses), Allied Health Professionals, Children’s Community Teams, Neonatal Outreach Nurses and School nurses.
What to expect when you are referred to the team?
You will be allocated a nurse within the team for but will meet several of the team members during your care.
A nurse or nursery nurse will contact you by telephone to introduce themselves and the service. They will arrange an appointment to visit you at home to carry out the necessary care. Further visits will be arranged at an appropriate setting for as long as is needed.
The amount of input from the team will be discussed and agreed from the beginning. Arrangements will be made for other services to be involved or continue ongoing care if needed once our work with you is completed.
The service is nurse led with links to the Paediatricians. Children and young people on the caseload will all have a Paediatrician
|Dr Jo Mannion, Consultant Paediatrician|
|Childrens Community Nurses||01904 726118|
Useful Links and Websites