In this section
Equality and Diversity
We are committed to promoting equality, diversity and human rights in its day to day treatment of all patients, visitors and staff regardless of race, ethnic origin, sex, gender identity, marital status, maternity and pregnancy, disability, religion or belief, sexual orientation or age.
Please see the links below for further information.
- About equality and diversity
- Equality analysis
- Equality Delivery System (EDS)
- Fairness forum
- Gender pay gap
- LGBTQ+ at this Trust
- LGBT staff network
- Links and resources
- Mindful Employer Charter – positive about mental health
- Workforce Disability and Race Equality Standards (WDES and WRES)
Workforce Public Sector Equality Duty Annual Report
- Annual Equality Diversity and Inclusion Workforce Report 2020-21
- Annual Equality Diversity and Inclusion Workforce Report (accompanying workforce metrics) 2020-21
- Annual Equality Diversity and Inclusion Workforce Report 2019-2020
- Annual Equality Diversity and Inclusion Report (accompanying workforce metrics) 2019-2020
- Annual Equality Diversity and Inclusion Report (patient equality) 2019-2020
A number of staff networks have been set up to represent and offer support to member of staff from a wide variety of backgrounds. This includes:
LGBT Staff Network
Our LGBT (Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual and Trans) Staff Network is a group of staff who:
- Provide a safe environment to raise LGBT issues
- Give informaton, guidance and support to staff
- Assist colleagues to asses the impact of Trust policies to ensure inclusivity
- Contribute to staff development activities and awareness events
- Signpost and support people to live the Trust values
Whether parents, children, friends, or siblings, many people have caring responsibilities. The network has been set up to support colleagues with caring responsibilities.
A Trust network has been set up to support colleagues with disabilities, serious or long term health conditions.
Race Equality Network
A Trust network has been set up to represent colleagues from Black, Asian and Ethnic Minority backgrounds.